Romania=Fraud

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Romania=Fraud

Postby smokawhat » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:15 pm

Hi everyone,
I would like to do as much as i can to help people not get into the same situation as i am. Here is what happen to me and if i could make one suggestion to you, it would be to not buy or send ANTHING to ROMANIA. Romania is the most corrupt country. Ok here it is:

Loss: $2,200 USD
Information about the Individual that victimized me:
Web Site: http://www.besafe.3x.ro/ and has changed to http://www.fastandsecur.3x.ro/
Name: Valentin Catalin Dogaru
Phone #:
Current Email: colin1atkinson@yahoo.com
Address: Pacii b1.7 sc.b ap.4
Slatina, 050
Contact between me and the Person/company that victimized me:
Type of Contact: Web Page
Date of Contact: 03/25/2005
Total money lost on contact date: $0.00
Type of Contact: E Mail
Total money lost on contact date: $0.00
Type of Contact: Chat Room
Total money lost on contact date: $900.00
Type of Contact: Chat Room
Date of Contact: 03/29/2005
Total money lost on contact date: $1,300.00
Money lost in total: $2,200.00
Description of Item: AlienwareArea51-M Notebook,Pentium4 3.2GHz,1GB RAM,60GB HDD,DVD+RW Drive, ATI Mobility Radeon9600 Pro
Description of Transaction: Western Union
Description of how i was defrauded:
On 3/25/05 I visited eBay and found "skilled-noob" selling a few laptops. It said to email him to find out what the "buy now" price was. On 3/25/05 I emailed "colin1atkinson@yahoo.com" (skilled-noob) asking him "how much would you sell the laptop for?" On 3/25/05 he sent me an email saying "Hello, The price is $975 with shipping included. Also i`m online on yahoo messenger go online and will talk about this. Reply me asap!" On 3/25/05 I talked with him on yahoo messenger about all the details. He told me he use's escrow and to go to www.besafe.3x.ro and register. On 3/25/05 I registered with BeSafe and made a transaction (transaction #xxxxxx). On 3/25/05 I sent $900 US dollars through Western Union to Valentin Catalin Dogaru. On 3/25/05 I was suppose to get my package in 24-36 hours. On 03/29/05 he tells me that he has sent 3 laptops instead of 1 and that it was a mistake. He says he sent another guy in Australia my 1 laptop and sent that guys 3 laptops to me. He then gives me that guy's yahoo messenger name "flamingodistrict". On 03/29/05 I talked with flamingodistrict about the laptops, he told me his eBay user name "ellievet" and that he had my laptop. On 03/29/05 I talked with colin1atkinson and he tells me I need to send $1800 dollars more because he sent me 3 laptops instead of just 1 laptop. After talking for a little bit, I tell him I will send only $1300 more for the 3 laptops and he agrees. On 03/29/05 I sent $1300 US dollars through Western Union to Valentin Catalin Dogaru. He told me I should receive my package in 24 hours. On 03/30/05 someone in Romania who's IP Address is 195.234.182.168 attempted to log on to my account with PayPal. I have not talked with them since and I have still not received my 3 laptops The guy still logs on to his yahoo messenger account...(everyone should send him a message telling him...well ill leave that up to your imagination...hehe)
I hope this will help people and if anyone can help me i would be grateful or if i could help some how to stop these fu**ers...

P.S. when i found it was a fraud, i was so mad i couldn't sleep and i kept passing my room. i was thinking about flying to Romania and finding where this guy lived and fu**ing him up. but after i lost the $2200 i didn't have any money.....

Anyone who wants to add there story or whatever is welcome.
smokawhat
NewBorn

i was scammed by valentin catalin dogaru from romania also

Postby maimai » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:34 am

hi. i was scammed for 1400$ just this past week. i know how you feel because i too can't sleep well and be as trustful to people. I am going to college now w/o money because of this scam.

i was @ ebay and i was searching for an alienware laptop. Talk to this guy or girl(scammers = liars) offered me 2 alienware laptops for 1400$ (too good to be true!) But the red flags came on when he/she said that i have to sent via western union because he reached max limit in paypal (now i know that's b*llsh*t). I told him i am worried about this kind of transaction but he/she reassured me that there's no need to worry becuase we are going to use an escrow service. The escrow service that this b*tch recommended was http://www.safeandsecur.3x.ro (which was probably his/hers) i registered and contact the team or person that runs the website to make sure its legit because they don't have a number and i got a response back and assured me that it is legit). I sent the money to:

name: Valentin CAtalin Dogaru (western union said that's probably a fake name)
state: olt
darararara..................................................

There was no way or no point in this process that i thought it was a scam. The scammer talked like a person and i didn't get any of those automated responses when you contact somebody from ebay. So i sent the money. Once i gave out the control number, ALL CONTACT WAS OVER. I gave that son of b*tch like 20 e-mails and the escrow (FRAUD) service 30 e-mails and i didn't get any response. IT POPPED IT MY HEAD - "HOLY SH*T I JUST GOT SCAMMED FOR 1400$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) i felt soooo bad and mad and thinking about going to romania and running him over with a car til he gives me my money back.

i called western union and all they said that they can't do anything because the money was already taken and all i can do is file a complaint in the FBI and call this special hotline. But when the operator was telling me all this - i asked him "What are the chances that i would get my money back" and he replied that "well mam, the ..." and i stop him and said "HONESTLY!!!" and he replied "it is slim to none..." and he also said that since the amount wasn't huge and FBI would probably just ignored it (what? they're going to go to romania to bust this *sshole for 1400$) it's a lot of money to me because i am a freshman college student and never thought that there could be *ssholes like these and i would ever get scammed. Well, i just have to face the hard facts and realize that i would never get my hard earned money back and all i can do now is live on my life and not commit the same mistakes again - I AM STILLL PISSED OFF ABOUT IT THOUGH - friends are no help because they make you fell more stupid for being scammed. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i hate romania and i hate scammers. scammers= lowest piece of life in this country HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
maimai
NewBorn

Postby smokawhat » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:21 pm

maimai,
I know exactly how you are feeling and all you can do is learn from that experience. I was a very trusting person before this f*cker scammed me but now it takes a lot to gain my trust. I know now that i will not be getting my $2200 back and so all i can do to stop these scammers is to try and tell everyone about this sh*t that?s going on. I hope you do the same. by the way , what University? im going to University of Iowa.
smokawhat
NewBorn

learning from this is hard because you loose soo much

Postby maimai » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:58 pm

yeah. i'm currently in San Fran State. WOW!! you lost 2200$??? and i thought i lost a lot. so you filed complaints but never received a cent. HAAAA!!! this is the worst learning experience i ever had. (before it was getting my first speeding ticket when i was 18) but that only cost 135$ not 1400$. yes. i did google and notify all the escrow fraud website that i found - told them to add this escrow service to their fraud database. that's all i can do also. All we can hope for is karma for the other party that scammed us.

Anyway, thanks for replying to my post. Hope i never be in this kind of situation ever again - i'll make sure of that!!! I still have some paranoia about people in ebay. but oh well. must move on ^_^
maimai
NewBorn

Postby sdev » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:17 pm

I read your post dear maimai...
Don't worry, I was defrauded by escrow site too, I lost about few more as you... I am not brave to write exactly... I know as you feel... you think to be an idiot, an idiot with "I" big big big... as me... but, do you know how was possible these bastards frauded you and me? Because we are honest, we are too much honest, we are honest and we don't see the fraud behind these business.
I say: the important thing is learning-from-experience.
I think after you will finish the college, you will earn much more of 1400 dollars pro month, so I hope!
Bye
Sdev
sdev
Infant

Return to Escrow Fraud