FRUAD at www.international-deals.com

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

FRUAD at www.international-deals.com

Postby warcryofjudah » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:19 pm

I have also been frauded via a laptop sale posted on ebay. I was selling a very expensive alienware area-51m laptop. The laptop retailed at over $3200 and I decided to bundle it with games in order to get more money off the sale.

After my first buyer failed to pay through pay pal. Now I realize it to be a misunderstanding. I was contacted by another party that wanted to complete the transaction through escrow in order to be more safe. The buyer recommended http://www.international-deals.com wich now doesn't exist btw, check out the page and see how bogus it is (email me at asd@asd.asd) <--- come on how stupid is that.

After registering with the site and seeing that the buyer had sent payment I shipped the item out. At the end of that day however I was e-mail by this sites very own admin PAUL and he informed me of the potiential of the sites fraud. I then went to check the site and maybe e-mail the customer support to ask them some things. To my horror the site was no longer there replaced by what was supposed to look like a design page of some kind with no working links or a valid email address.

After finding out the page was bogus I immediately called Fed-Ex and asked them if they could stop the shipment and send it back to me. They said that they needed to let it get to the current zip code before they could turn it around. Im out around $250 bucks for the shipping since I included insurance, I COST ME EXTRA TO GET IT SENT BACK ALSO. :twisted: But at least my laptop is saved.

That laptop is my life, as I am in college doing e-commerce. I was going to purchase a slightly less powerful one and upgrade my desktop at home. If I was the site admin I would do very much more nasty things than he is doing with his *"HACKING"*. But I guess he is a much nicer guy... A million thanks to Paul for his work against fraudulent sites. He Saved me alot of money and I will be donating as soon as I have money again. Me <----- Poor colege student
warcryofjudah
NewBorn

Postby peg » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:13 pm

You make me blush. :oops: I am just glad that I was able to help. Even thouhg it cost you money to ship there AND back, it's FAR less than the cost of the Laptop. I wish I had the option when I lost my laptop through a fraudulant escrow. I just found out too late.

As for doing more damage. I wish there was a way I could do more damage. Unfortunately anything I dould do "Electronically" would be nothing but an inconvienece. In fact most of it wouldn't effect the peopel you want to, as they use third party hosting (Which is also a tip off on some of them.)

I only wish that law enforcement was more receptive. Unless you have actually been frauded, they don't want to hear from you. Since most of the fraud does not occur in MY home town, the Police in the towns where the crooks are want you to first file a report in your own Police District, and then have them forward the complaint to them. Sounds like beaurocracy (sp?) if you ask me.

Any way... Thanks for the compliments. If you hear of other sites that are fraudulent, let me know. I will try and investigate it.

Site Admin
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Escrow Fraud