Do take this email as a contribution to fake(Spam).

A site to talk about the various EMAIL scams that come our way. The more you know the safer you are.

Do take this email as a contribution to fake(Spam).

Postby peg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Ok the below email was received from
From: Mrs Augusta Hermina Sies [mailto:herminasies@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:39 AM
Subject: Abogado De Justicia-Contact my Attorney.

And was sent to my Escrow-Fraud.com Administrative account.
Hello Dear,

My warm greetings to you. Do take this email as a contribution to fake(Spam). This is not an easy task due to my health condition and that is the main reason why I contacted you after viewing your profile from the international directory.
Not actually that you are the best with my intellectual grading but I was driven to contact you from the innermost being. And that was my main reason for getting to you.
Please do not be offended and I will understand completely if you cannot be of assistance to me.

My name is Mrs.Augusta Hermina Sies; I am a dying woman who has decided to donate what I have to you for humanity services. I am 57 years old (Netherlands Citizen) and I was diagnosed for cancer for about 2 years ago immediately after the death of my husband who has left me everything he worked for and because the doctors told me I will not live longer than some weeks because of my health.

I decided to WILL/donate the sum of $1,500 000 (One million, five hundred thousand dollars) to you for the good work of humanity and also to help the motherless and less privilege and also for the assistance of the widows.I wish you all the best and may the good Lord bless you abundantly and please use the funds well and always extend the good work to others.

Here is the Contact information of my Attorney below:
Abogado De Justicia
Notario & Tribunal
Mr.Daniel Juan
Phone:+34-687-665-538
Email:deabogado@aim.com

and tell him that I have WILLED $1,500 000 (One million, five hundred thousand dollars) to you and I have also notified him. I know I don't know you but I have been directed to do this.

NB: I will appreciate your utmost confidentiality in this matter until the task is accomplished as i don't want anything that will jeopardize my wishes.
From Mrs.Augusta Hermina Sies

First let me say I love the opening of this email.
My warm greetings to you. Do take this email as a contribution to fake(Spam).
I guess without realizing it, they state right in the beginning what this email is. I think they meant to say:
My warm greetings to you. Do NOT take this email as a contribution to fake(Spam).

So why is this a scam?
- Well first it was sent to the Escrow-fraud.com Administrative account. An account I have been very careful to NOT attach a name to.
- Next... Well the email was not sent directly to me. In fact the "TO" email address was not used. The sender used the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) to send the email. Probably because they sent it to several (hundred) people at once and it kind of minimizes the scam by showing that it's not sent to JUST you. It's easy to tell if the BCC (alone) is used. First if there is NO name in the TO or CC blocks. or if the name in the TO or CC box is not yours (many times it may actually be the same as the sender). If this is the case, then you were BCC'd .
- Also a good flag to consider is if the "Sender" asks you to send your "Response" to a different email address than is in the "FROM" box of the original email. Many of them are "Savvy" enough to set the "REPLY-TO" address to the desired address that they want. Why do they do this? Probably the biggest reason is that after sending out their mass mailings of spam (from their typically FREE email accounts) their hosts realize they are spammers and shut down the accounts. So if you reply to their original email address, it's likely to bounce. Even if they "Specify" it's to someone else (i.e. an attorney as is above) it's the same reason. Would the email not be more likely to come from the attorney?

Let's forget the fact that most notifications of this sort will NOT come by email anyway, but would typically come via certified mail or at least a messenger in person. I think I will pass on this "Rags To Riches" opportunity and keep what money I already have in my pocket. I am sure that will be the first request
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Email Scams