buying car throught escrow-europa

Basic General Forum. Topics may be many and varied

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

buying car throught escrow-europa

Postby dominus » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:27 pm

Hi!
I'm trying to buy a car which seems underpriced and I would like to know what could go wrong using escrow-europa(the right one e-bay recommended). Is it possible that I get a stolen car? And what happens if I send it back and the seller declines it. Would I get my money back in such case?
Tnx guys for any help.
dominus
Infant

Postby lightfair » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:48 pm

In my opinion the most likely scenario is that you are sent to a different (fake) escrow site in reality. Could you post a few more details?

You said yourself the car seems underpriced; did the seller recommend using the escrow service?
lightfair
Master

Re: buying car throught escrow-europa

Postby CapriceFéline » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:13 pm

And what happens if I send it back and the seller declines it. Would I get my money back in such case?
Tnx guys for any help.

Did the seller propose you the possibility to send the car back, if you don't like it?
That is a very unusual commercial practise (costs). Imagine he sends the car to 10 unsatisfied buyers. Hint to a possible fraud

Concerning the site "escrow-europa" I heard about some people being pharmed. That means they send you a virus via email and you are every time you enter the original url, deviated to a fraudulent identical (mirrowed) site.
Use a second Pc , enter the url not following any link and phone to escrow-europa to verify the registration ..

By the way, here aren't excusively guys also girls or women :lol:

Caprice
Wer kein freundliches Gesicht hat, sollte keinen Laden aufmachen. Chinesisches Sprichwort.
CapriceFéline
Adult

Postby dominus » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:49 pm

http://www.filehosting.at/files/download.php?file=6b493aa458fbfe435aa30b20b8fc70fa
That's my complete mail conversation. It seems like a fraud but he still didn't make any false step. He sells the car for 6000EUR but it should be 12000 or more..
I know about false mails, false identical sites and so on. But what should I do if it goes ahead in the right way and I'll be asked by escrow-europa to pay?

Did the seller propose you the possibility to send the car back, if you don't like it?
That is a very unusual commercial practise (costs). Imagine he sends the car to 10 unsatisfied buyers. Hint to a possible fraud

Yes he did... A person with a brain would never decline such car... That's the problem->many fraud hints but nothing 100%.

I should probably wait for escrow-europa response and make conclusions when pay time comes if it comes.
dominus
Infant

Postby georg » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:46 pm

dominus:
on another place (you know) a helper have say to you (on the same problem):
WAIT....the gangster send a url for shipping (fake-site) or a fake-escrow-document..
AND?: have you this now?

greetings to Leskovec

georg
georg

Postby CapriceFéline » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi dominus,

I read your email conversation. It is almost the same I read 100 times:
I moved from ... where the circulation is on the right-hand side. ....I must sell it because the wheering steal is on the left side..... I will pay the transport..... etc. I think, it is the typical fraud.

Ask him for the exact url of the .escrow-europa". May be he sends you a similar web adress with only a little little difference like http://www.escrow-europe or http://www.escrow.europa
Please post the exact web-adress here.
Be careful, do not pay anything until you are 100000% sure.

Caprice
Wer kein freundliches Gesicht hat, sollte keinen Laden aufmachen. Chinesisches Sprichwort.
CapriceFéline
Adult

Postby dominus » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:17 pm

georg
Nothing new yet ;) I'm still waiting the response from escrow site... I filled the form around 26hours ago.
I'll post there when anything new spots in this story.

Thanks guys for Your help.
dominus
Infant

Postby dominus » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:44 pm

Just a little update...
I mailed him:
Hey!
I'm still waiting for a response mail from escrow... I also need a car
as soon as possible. Maybe do You know how many time does it take to
dekra for transport?

The response was:
Hello,
I think escrow does not work in weekends so I think they will contct you on Monday. The car will be at your place in maximum 3 days after escrow will give me the permission to begin the transport.
Dekra works fast within the european countries and I am sure that we can finish the transaciton by the end of the next week.
Also I will try to delete the car form autoscout because yesterday I have tried but it gives me an error page.
I will try it again.
Thank you very much for your uderstanding.
dominus
Infant

Postby CapriceFéline » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:24 am

Hello dominus,

The seller wrote:

Dekra works fast within the european countries and I am sure that we can finish the transaciton by the end of the next week.

Have a look on the website of the mentioned "shipping-company"

check your pm

Caprice
CapriceFéline
Adult

Postby dominus » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:47 am

I'm also waiting the response mail from dekra about shipping...

One more thing is-he said escrow handles ownership documents of the car but I've got the mail from escrow saing they don't handle the documents...

I also received the escrow mail for the transaction... Everything seems fine but the name of the bank account sounds too much african :)

I would send the original mail to someone to scan it(georg,caprice?). Plz contact me on msn or mail(addres on pm).
dominus
Infant

Next

Return to General