I am not a scammer

Basic General Forum. Topics may be many and varied

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

I am not a scammer

Postby apaone27 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:32 pm

I am a single mother of two just trying to make end meet. For fun I googled my name and saw that someone posted a link to this site with my name and an old address. I have contacted this site several time to try to get to the bottom of this but I have not been successful. It is upsetting to see my name with fraud. I have never and would never do such a thing. I wish that someone would pout mer in the right direction to resolve this.
Thank you
Angie
apaone27
NewBorn

Postby georg » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:00 am

Hi Angie, where and what concret is the problem? pls send me a pm
tnx
georg
mod
georg

WHY AM I ON HERE

Postby apaone27 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:45 pm

I googled my name. On it connects me to this site and shiping-metiterrian.com. That is probably not spelt right. Your site has am old address for me as well as an old telephone number. I have NEVER had any contact with this web site. When I click onto the link for the site it is not in English so I can not understand what it is I am suppose to be connected with. There is one link that goes to Ebay but again it is not in english. I do not even have an ebay account. I have NEVER bought or sold anything on ebay. I ONLY use amazon to resell my text books and purchase books for new classes. THis is very upsetting and I would like to find someway to resolve this.
Thank you
Angie Paone
apaone27
NewBorn

Postby georg » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:34 pm

Hi Angie,
here the facts ( not from this site or admin or mods,
from a international database ):
f.e.:
http://www.coolwhois.com/d/shipping-mediterana.com
or
http://whois.webhosting.info/shipping-mediterana.com

if you not owner of the FAKE-site "shipping-mediterana.com", then a faker have used your personal-data....

Not more,not less...

Regards
Georg
georg

Postby peg » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:57 am

Angie,

I responded to you back in February (via email) when you first complained. I requested more information so that I could resolve your complaint. You failed to respond. Now you turn around and threaten legal action? Unfortunately what you are doing is very much what the scammers would do to try and intimidate us so that we would remove their information.

None-the-less, I have manually found the entry to which you reference your information ( http://escrow-fraud.com/fraud_data.php?id=1845 ) and altered it to remove personally identifiable information. I did this not as a result of your legal threats, but because I believe that you are a victim as well. I also believe your basis for legal action is flawed as your information was obtained from PUBLICLY AVAILABLE SOURCES. Indeed your information is STILL available from the same source to which I have found it. That is where you need to focus your efforts.

If you have further questions or comments for me please feel free to respond either in the forum or to the email that I sent you..
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby georg » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:42 pm

PHHHH, Hopefully it, she has it now understood? :wink:
georg

Postby peg » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:46 pm

This topic has been moved from the "ANNOUNCEMENT" section.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General