Where the templates come from

Basic General Forum. Topics may be many and varied

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Where the templates come from

Postby peg » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:46 am

Thanks to Rafal ( in the feedback area ) he has pointed out that many of these fraudulent templates are coming from http://www.orcatemplates.com/website_templates.html

Not sure if they too are a scam but at least it's good information.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not A Scam!

Postby afzz » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:48 pm

I would like to inform all that our website is just part of an affiliate network which sells the largest collection of Website Templates.

There are thousands of similar websites like our site selling the same designs. Please do not point to our site suggesting that we may be doing something wrong here. Please do some search online like "template 12555" and you will find many sites selling the templates.

Very useful site you have peg. I have received an email from you about this subject. You should have atleast waited for my replay before posting this.

Best Regards,
Afzal
http://www.orcatemplates.com
afzz
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:44 am

Hello Afzal;

thank you for your reply.

I must admit that "fraudulent template" is not exactly a very good description, because a template isn't by itself fraudulent.

I think that Peg's posting here wasn't intended to single out one specific template seller (read: you) but to show the general source for those designs. Which in turn helps us finding other sites when new designs pop up.

Unfortunately some designs have been used almost exclusively (or even exclusively) for fraudulent purposes. That's certainly not the fault of the one who supplied the template.

But what about removing those templates from the lists of available templates in the future? I doubt that any legit company would want to be associated with a design that was badly compromised in the past through a number of fraudulent companies so there is probably no money to be made with those templates anyway (I doubt that the scammers would purchase them repeatedly as well).

Just a thought.

Best regards,

lightfair
lightfair
Master

Postby georg » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:26 pm

georg

Return to General