aa419.org loves ThePlanet

Basic General Forum. Topics may be many and varied

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

aa419.org loves ThePlanet

Postby grumpyoldman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:24 pm

was in process of writing a letter to siteground about a fake escrow. in another window i was reading ripoffreport.com and there was a recent topic concerning siteground.

somebody was very unhappy.

siteground ignored his request for a refund and he was unable to get help from BBB or serve siteground with lawsuit because siteground is in Bulgaria, has only a mail drop in New York, and leases their equipment from ThePlanet/ev1 in Texas. the entire siteground company is really just a couple guys in Sofia with a webpage.

was writing about an escrow fraud that was on a server in Texas, set up to rob americans in USA, but would have to write to a shell company in Bulgaria and ask them to stop it, not even knowing if they understand english. just closed the windows.

whats next ?

if you have a complaint about about escrow fraud on Hostway, write to our reseller in Bagdad ? or Bangladesh ?

not discouraged, really, until the operators of aa419.org said they will not allow anyone to insult their sacred cow, ThePlanet/ev1, and closed the thread.

i cannot be corrupted and cannot be associated with anyone who is corrupt. failing to report what i have found is the same as lying. if truth is not welcome at aa419.org then i am not welcome.

and yes, the truth is, will not write a letter to Bulgaria and won't be buying a Dell till i can understand their people on the phone.
Last edited by grumpyoldman on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
i've fallen and i can't get up
grumpyoldman
Adolescent

Re: aa419.org loves ThePlanet

Postby lightfair » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:29 pm

grumpyoldman wrote:was in process of writing a letter to siteground about a fake escrow. in another window i was reading ripoffreport.com and there was a recent topic concerning siteground.

Without addressing any of your other issues here: I had a mail exchange with siteground abuse just today (I think this was the first time); and I am very pleased with the outcome. On the other hand I was on the phone with a German hoster today to get several fake sites hosted there shut down - no avail.
lightfair
Master

Re: aa419.org loves ThePlanet

Postby suziecue » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:48 pm

grumpyoldman wrote:not discouraged, really, until the operators of aa419.org said they will not allow anyone to insult their sacred cow, ThePlanet/ev1, and closed the thread.

i cannot be corrupted and cannot be associated with anyone who is corrupt. failing to report what i have found is the same as lying. if truth is not welcome at aa419.org then i am not welcome.

You stated that ev1 was offloading "trouble" accounts to Bulgaria. You also stated that they refused to take responsibility for the content of Siteground's servers, without indicating that you had actually attempted to contact either Siteground or ev1 about the issue. You did not provide any evidence for your allegations.

aa419 always advocates sending complaints to hosters regardless of location, primary language, nationality, or past attitude. I closed the thread because I didn't feel that unjustified badmouthing of an abuse department with a recent history of helpful anti-fraud behavior was productive. If I were "corrupt," then I would have deleted it instead of just stopping the discussion. (I also wouldn't be paying out of my own pocket for our server.) Your comments are still available for viewing, just not for further discussion.

I have no desire to drag any disagreements you may have with aa419.org onto escrow-fraud.com's forums, but at the same time I would appreciate not being called corrupt.

EDIT TO ADD: I searched our database and found five recent fake sites (mostly escrow) with Siteground noted as the hoster. Four are definitely dead, and I am pretty sure the fifth one is, too (504 error). That's a pretty good track record, although that is of course just my opinion...
suziecue

Postby Vader » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:55 pm

@grumpyoldman>
All we did was ask you to calm down and be reasonable. It took us a long time to establish a good working relationship with EV1/The planet (whose abuse department is to be found at ev1.net, not the Planet) and in that thread you were putting all that at jeopardy. They have always shut down fakers for us if we sent them a reasonable complaint (and yes, that means more than just saying "these people are stealing from americans shut them down!"). With your actions you were jeopardizing the hard work of many people and you wouldn't listen to any reasoning. What were you aiming at? Pissing TP/EV1 off, so they would ignore complaints from us in the future? Who did you think you were helping there? Do you think we are not angry? You gotta control your anger and learn to be professional in what you do, or else you are a part of the problem, not the solution.
Vader
NewBorn

Postby grumpyoldman » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:17 pm

i don't host crooked accounts.
theplanet/ev1 always has.
now they have too many accounts to manage ?
why didn't they do an honest business when they only had 100 ?
i don't host crooked accounts.
but i have been insulted and censored.
you are the ones that need to consider the results of your actions.
i will not submit to you.
you no longer have my services in any way.
i was entirely indifferent to theplantet/ev1 going offshore, losing jobs for people in texas, paying bulgarians nothing.
but since you made the subject forbidden, i will spend my time making others aware.
BTW, i am an atheist.
judge not that ye not be judged.
Last edited by grumpyoldman on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
grumpyoldman
Adolescent

Postby suziecue » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:22 pm

OK. Thank you for your past contributions.
suziecue

Postby grumpyoldman » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:22 am

and another sad letter from a victim today. he wants to know why i have listed his very unusual name as owner-registrant of an obvious criminal website when he had nothing to do with it. because his name is rare, he thinks he may be severely damaged by this. i was unable to correct the listings. i would like to be able to tell him that the long struggle is almost over. that webhosts will soon stop allowing any criminal to use any innocent person's name to open an account. but, alas, the struggle has only just begun. the execs could come in off the golf course and solve this problem today but they won't because it is not a problem for them. we are not their customers, the criminals are and the criminal-customers like things just the way they are. in the meantime if somebody wanted to say ThePlanet is avoiding affirmative action, avoiding hiring of blacks and women, by moving their administration offshore, i have to say, i don't have any evidence to the contrary.

exxon accidently dumped alot of oil in alaska
exxon said, whatever it costs to clean it up, we will pay.

ford shipped millions of cars with exploding tires bought from firestone.
ford and firestone said, whatever it costs to fix it, we will pay.

dell shipped millions of computers with exploding batteries bought from sony.
dell and sony said, whatever it costs to make it right, we will pay.

ThePlanet and ev1 hosted hundreds of criminal websites costing consumers $ millions $ in damages.
ThePlanet says, pppfffffttttt - go call Bulgaria.
grumpyoldman
Adolescent

Return to General