Need help and advice

Basic General Forum. Topics may be many and varied

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Need help and advice

Postby jonesy40001 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:50 am

Hi All.
I am at present in negotiations with a seller in the UK for a boat in the USA. He has expressed his desire to use Escrow as the payment method however the transaction is actually being handled by a UK based transport company called "24 Auto Movers". They have sent an invoice for the first payment and an alarm bell rang when I noticed the bank details were for a personal account not a buisiness account. I am unable to find the company on Google.uk Australia or USA.
If anyone has heard of this company of has any advise on how I should proceed, I would be greatful for the help.

Thanks.
Pete Jones.
Brisbane Australia.

P.S. the boat and its price are not out of the ordinary.
jonesy40001
NewBorn

Re: Need help and advice

Postby peg » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:07 pm

jonesy40001 wrote:Hi All.
I am at present in negotiations with a seller in the UK for a boat in the USA. He has expressed his desire to use Escrow as the payment method however the transaction is actually being handled by a UK based transport company called "24 Auto Movers". They have sent an invoice for the first payment and an alarm bell rang when I noticed the bank details were for a personal account not a buisiness account. I am unable to find the company on Google.uk Australia or USA.
If anyone has heard of this company of has any advise on how I should proceed, I would be greatful for the help.

Thanks.
Pete Jones.
Brisbane Australia.

P.S. the boat and its price are not out of the ordinary.

Back away.... Sounds like a scam.

Do you have any more information? What Site? What Username? Email Address? Bank Details, etc....

Anything would help.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General