Paypal

Basic General Forum. Topics may be many and varied

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Paypal

Postby rumil85 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:21 am

Hello, I am trying to sell something through craigslist and was wondering whether paypal was a good option to recieve payment. I am new to this so I would appreciate any help.
rumil85
NewBorn

Postby peg » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:06 pm

Paypal is generally a safe way to receive payment. Just ensure that you follow the rules of paypal so that you can receive whatever protection they offer.

Like any other service, there are those that complain about it and the fees they charge. I have been using paypal for well over 5 years and I have had very good luck with them.

Be careful if someone sends you a link to register or respond to.

Go to https://paypal.com to register. Type the address in your browser directly. Don't click on links in emails as they can still be spoofed.

Next register. Paypal might send you an email, but they will ALWAYS (and I mean ALWAYS) use your first name that you used when you registered.

example:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for registering with Paypal.........

IF for whatever reason, your account is suspended, cancelled, compromised, etc... You should ALWAYS type in the address into your browsers address bar FIRST https://paypal.com and then correct or updcate the details (if actually needed).

Hope this heps.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rumil85 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:39 am

I was also wondering since I am new to paypal. Do I just request the money from my buyer and ship the item once he or she has paid?
rumil85
NewBorn

Return to General