a new fraud attempt?

Basic General Forum. Topics may be many and varied

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

a new fraud attempt?

Postby Joeri911 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:46 pm

Hi,
I'm currently interested to buy a car from a person in Ireland. The car is sold for a much lower price as its market value and that makes me suspicious. As I'm living in Luxembourg I proposed to fly over to Dublin to inspect the car. The seller pretended not to be available on the dates I suggested he proposed to deliver the car by EFL EXPRESS LTD (http://www.efl-express.com) who offers an exchange protection program. First I agreed to it, but when they asked me to do the payment on an account of a private person I got suspicious. EFL told me it was their trustee...
Then I found out that the company number they indicated matched with a company with another name, altough quite similar (European Freight Line). They explained to me that the had changed the name of the company and that Companies House hadn't updated their files yet...

I didn't make any payment and I'm trying to get an appointment with the seller in Dublin to see the car.

I just found out on your site that the layout of the EFL site corresponds to layout 125.
Can you please tell me if you have heard of EFL EXPRESS LTD? Here is the address they gave me:
EFL Express Ltd.
INGLES MANOR 1 CASTLE HILL AVENUE
FLOKESTONE KENT
CT20 2RD
UNITED KINGDOM
Company No. 04938424

Warehouse
Unit 5/6 JAMESTOWN BUSINESS PARK
FINGLAS
DUBLIN
IRELAND

Telephone: +44-208-711-5722
Fax: +44-203-031-1187
Email: support@efl-express.com

With my thanks in advance for your help, I remain with best regards.

Joeri
Joeri911
NewBorn

Re: a new fraud attempt?

Postby georg » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:43 am

Hi, welcome here...
yes, it is a fraud.
insert in db now: ==> http://escrow-fraud.com/fraud_data.php?id=8275

thanks again for information
europe support
georg

Return to General