Some Stories of scammers

Basic General Forum. Topics may be many and varied

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Some Stories of scammers

Postby peg » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:18 pm

Below are a couple of "Stories" That were received in the FEEDBACK area of the website. I post them here so that others can see what kind of scum that people have to deal with out there.

I have attempted to protect the personal data of those submitting the information, but If I missed something, please PM or E-Mail me at escrow-fraud AT escrow-fraud.com

Please read stories below

Story #1 wrote:I have just found out I am a victim of fraud. I sold an expensive piece of jewelry to someone over in Spain and have not heard a word since I show his receipt this past Friday. I am going to file with the IFC and try and get this guy stopped. I have googled and found others have been scammed by this same jerk. His email is stefan_r64@mac.com or anything extremely close to this (I?ve seen the same email with a different number than 64 and it?s the same guy); he?ll tell you to use http://www.ss-trading.net/ - a totally fake site I have just discovered today; his name is Stefan Rinner. I?m going to take every action I can to get this guy stopped as it?s obvious he?s sitting over there in Spain collecting jewelry from us over here in the states. I read more than one story about this same guy. I wish I had read them sooner.

Story #2 wrote:Hi there,
I have quite a story to tell and am not sure whether I have enough room to type it all here but really want to warn others against a guy in Spain that offered to buy my Diamond Solitaire ring via ebay. His name is Martin Adler and since sending my ring, I've found several negative articles about him on the net. It's a very simple scam and as this was my first venture onto ebay and using escrow services, it all looked plausible to my very basic understanding of the whole process. The escrow service is http://www.ss-trading.net. He supposedly paid the money into the escrow account, I then shipped the ring via fedex 3 day International Priority mail. I've been advised he has received and signed for the ring but surprise surprise, still no money from him! Does anyone have any idea who I can report him to? The worst part is that I consider myself to be an intelligent person but anyone would think otherwise reading my story above...feel free to reply with whatever advice you have. Thanks A.

Story #3 wrote:I received a phone call from a James Wilson (718)878-7509 as an inquiry to purchase a horse from our Ranch. He claimed to be using a private shipping company.It was their policy to require payment from the seller (or shipper). He wanted to send me the money for the shipping and the money for the horse purchase. I am then to pay the shipper for him. I asked him for the shippers information. The website he directed me to was http://unlimitedshipping.net. I emailed them, and they readily repeated the same story, sounding more suspicious. Never before has a shipping company been concerned with the sale price of a horse, nor is it their business. A copy of the email received is as follows:

Hello K,

Thanks for your inquiries.

We got your voice messages and all in regards to your business transaction with Mr. James

As discussed with Mr. James, we take direct funds from the shipper; this clearly shows that both the buyer and shipper are in good agreement to the goods and services.

It was brought to our knowledge that you will be selling an Arabian horse my Mr. James.

Please do give us your full name and address where the horse will be picked up and the selling price you are selling to Mr. James. So we can prepare all documentations and necessary inspections.

Note that we only begin all this process once payments have been received from you.

Regards

Unlimited Shipping.

I tried to do some research, and found this site. Someone had reported the same site http://unlimitedshipping.net, so I thought I'd send in my comment, if it is helpful to you. We can't be too careful, it seems, as they are continuously searching for one of us with our guards down. Are they attempting to launder money? Or send counterfeit here in exchange for the real thing? I appreciate your input.
K

Story #4 wrote:Is this transaction for the buy of a Mobilhome from Great-Britain to Belgium that I am asked to do legit?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Van: Leslie Curran [mailto:leslie.34curran@yahoo.com]
Verzonden: maandag 1 oktober 2007 22:13
Aan: johan
Onderwerp: Re: Motorhome FIAT CHALLENGER 163 2004 37000 km

La Motorhome est ici au Royaume-Uni au compagnie maritime et est toujours registre en Belgique et vous n'aurez aucun problème à enregistrer sur votre nom et j'ai déjà pour faire le paiement pour l'expédition et l'assurance au compagnie maritime vous besoin juste de moi de les confirmer l'adresse où être transporté, vous recevrai avec votre Motorhome tous les papiers nécessaires pour le transfert à votre nom.
L'expédition sera faite en utilisant le service de DASautoshippers et la Motorhome arrivera en 2 ou 3 jours, il sera transportée à votre porte.
La Motorhome enverra sur mes dépenses, et sera à votre porte après que votre premier paiement à l'agent d'DASautoshippers devienne clair.
La transaction sera faite dans le cadre du programme appelé par plan de protection d'achat de protection d'acheteur d'DASautoshippers. Je suis un vendeur sérieux et un commerçant et moi justes préfèrent avoir affaire seulement avec un acheteur sérieux.
Ainsi, répondre svp en arrière avec la prochaine information si vous êtes vraiment intéressé à acheter cette Motorhome ainsi nous pouvons commencer les arrangements :
Nom et prénoms ; DELETED
Adresse ; DELETED
Ville ; ZWEVEGEM-OTEGEM
Code postal ; 8553
Pays ; BELGIQUE
Téléphone ; DELETED
Vous recevrez un email de eux vous instruisant au sujet de la façon contrôler cette transaction avec l'information de paiement. Après celui, vous devrez envoyer le paiement (EUR 4.000) à l'agent d'DASautoshippers qui sera entre nous, et envoyez l'information du paiement à l'Escrow-Europa.. Le paiement sera dégagement à moi après toi le reçoivent et inspectent cette Motorhome. Je pense que c'est une manière juste de faire des affaires et j'espère que vous conviendrez. Ainsi votre paiement ne sera pas contact jusqu'à ce que vous receviez et inspectiez la Motorhome. Et reste du paiement que vous devez payer après que vous receviez la Motorhome.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JaxHot » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:34 pm

as usual, missing data....
we need the emails of the scammers and the URLs of the fake sites.
Press people for this information.
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General